Always Consult is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Always Consult may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 April 2018.
Privacy Notice – Clients of Always Consult Ltd
As a client of Always Consult Ltd, we take your privacy rights seriously. This document explains how we obtain, process, store and share your personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Please click the headings for more information on each topic:
We keep records about your training and qualifications needs. This may include:
- Your basic details, such as name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address
- Contact details for your next of kin
- Your work in relation to your training or qualification
We hold some of your records on paper and some electronically on a secure computer system.
Your information is used to enable us to provide the best possible training to you. It is important that we have this information, because it helps us to:
- Assess your needs and make decisions about your training needs
- Provide quality training which meets the awarding body standards
- Keep records of the training you have received in accordance with the law
- Assess the training we give you, to ensure it meets quality standards
- Investigate any incident, complain or concern that arises about your training
If we have the appropriate consent, we may share appropriate parts of your personal information, and only when necessary, with the following:
- The relevant qualification awarding body for registration purposes
- Relevant funded programme administrators
- Other parties relating to tender opportunities
However, other agencies, may work together so we may need to share information about you, with other professionals and services involved in your training with your consent.
We share this information so that you will receive appropriate training care and support for you, or when this information is needed in order to safeguard the welfare of other people.
You always have the right to refuse or withdraw your consent to information being shared in this way, but this could affect the training we provide you with.
Please also note that your right to confidentiality may be overridden in certain circumstances when we have to share information about you with others. This is unusual, but in these circumstances we do not need your consent to share necessary information. Here are some examples:
- We believe there is a risk of you being seriously harmed if we do not share information
- We believe there is a risk of someone else being seriously harmed if we do not share information
- We have been asked to provide information by a Court
- Information is needed for the investigation of a serious crime
Your personal information will never be shared for insurance or other marketing purposes.
If you need more information on what personal information we share, you can contact us – contact details at the end of this document.
- Paper-based information is kept in locked cabinets with access being restricted to those staff who need it.
- Computerised records are stored and accessed as follows:
- Your information may be stored on a fileserver or on individual PCs. These machines are protected by usernames and passwords, with access restricted to those who need it.
- Your information may be stored in external systems provided by third party organisations. We carry out due diligence to obtain evidence from suppliers to confirm that these systems meet the required data security standards, so that we can be sure that your information will be safe with them.
- Some of your information may be accessed via secure web page or web application, again protected by username and password, with access restricted to those who need it, and with all data transmitted across the internet in encrypted form.
- Some of your data may be accessible by mobile devices such as tablet computers or smartphones. This access is protected by username and password, with access restricted to those who need it, and with all data transmitted across the internet in encrypted form.
- All of our associates receive training on data confidentiality to remind them of their obligations to keep your data safe and confidential.
- All of our associates and the organisations we deal with have legal obligations to safeguard your confidentiality.
- We have an Information Security policy in place to ensure that all of our associates comply with security procedures.
- We have a disciplinary policy to deal with any incident where confidentiality has been broken, and to discourage this from happening.
For more information on how we keep your information safe, you can email us – contact details at the end of this document.
Your personal information will be kept for seven years after you receive your qualification or funded training.
When the time comes, we will always dispose of your information securely.
You have the right to see any of your information that we have on file, whether electronically or on paper, except for certain information, for example:
You have a right to see the information we hold about you, both on paper or electronic, except for information that:
- Information that has been given to us by someone else without permission for you to see it
- Information that relates to criminal offences or is being used to detect or prevent crime
- Information that, if released to you, could cause harm to you, or to someone else
You may request to see your information at any time. Your request has to be made in writing. We will need to see proof of identity before releasing your personal information.
Your request should be sent to the Data Controller – address at the end of this document.
To stop us holding information about you, you can withdraw your consent to this by contacting us – contact details at the end of this document.
Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent in this way, we may no longer be able to provide certain services to you.
The Managing Director
Always Consult Ltd
Upton Magna Business Park
Privacy Notice – Always Consult Ltd Website Usage
See our Cookies Policy
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We are not responsible for the content or privacy of these websites.
Controlling your personal information
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties unless are required by law to do so.