The answer is a huge NO! You are never too old to start up in business. Life and work experience is invaluable when starting up your business, never underestimate the skills and knowledge us “oldies” have. I started my business well into my fifties and without my past experiences I would never have survived, as it is, Always Consult has gone from strength to strength and my personal self-development has hit heights I never knew existed whilst working in a corporate environment.
Businesses are successful because of the person who drives it.
So, what, in my opinion, are the four key strengths to starting your own business and becoming self -employed?
- Determination- grit your teeth and get on with it
- Resilience- never give up and deal with the knock backs
- Enthusiasm – if you don’t love what you do with a passion, don’t do it
- Confidence – be prepared at all times and believe you are great at what you do
There are many competencies required in order to be a success- by the way, how do YOU measure your success? Success means different things to each individual. However, I do firmly believe, with a passion that these are the four key strengths required.
So, you’ve now decided you are NOT too old to start your own business-what next?
If you are over 50 and preparing to run your own business, PRIME offers:
- One- to- one contact with an approved business mentor
- Three full days of training at a suitable venue
- A dedicated module on working out start-up costs, profit and cash-flow
- A nationally recognised qualification
On completion of the course you will have taken the steps to turn your business vision into reality.
PRIME 3 day courses are set to run in Shrewsbury first day,starting 19th March 2013
Oswestry, first day 23rd April
Bridgnorth, first day15th May.
For the subsequent dates for each venue which are available on request contact PRIME on :-
0845 862 2023 or Always Consult on 03334 442467 or e-mail email@example.com
For more details or to register on PRIME log onto the web site:
For other courses available or for more details on how to start your own business or enterprise contact:-firstname.lastname@example.org